Silver Sheen Obsidian
Silver Sheen Obsidian is a dark brown/black form of Obsidian that is filled with bright sparkly silver-coloured inclusions.
Obsidian itself is a form of glassy silica rich volcanic rock. Very small inclusions of water vapour in the form of bubbles are often trapped in the glass as it cools. In the case of silver sheen obsidian, these tiny gas bubbles are stretched nearly flat along the flow layers. This is what causes the reflectance that produces its metallic lustre called “chatoyancy” when viewed in the light.
Silver Sheen Obsidian is a powerfully protective stone that helps you to see the truth. Highly spiritual, its vibration opens a window to your soul and can assist you to reflect on what is needed for your spiritual growth and wellbeing.
Other metaphysical information about Silver Sheen Obsidian includes the following:
- clearing and purifying of negative energy
- portal to the inner self
- helps you see yourself as others might see you
- helps you see to the root of problems and get to the core of situations
- supports you to make any changes that are necessary to align with your soul purpose
- connected to Root and Third Eye Chakras
- enhances and deepens meditation
- helps you to be grounded, especially during meditation
- helps to alleviate unconscious fears
- enhances patience and perseverance
- allows your inner beauty to shine
- assists to eliminate ego conflict
- an excellent crystal for crystal gazing or scrying (black obsidian is the best crystal for this in fact)
- assists in the removal of toxins from your body
- when used in healing, can give you information that can be used to change the course of dis-ease.
Affirmation: I am open to seeing the truth and being supported in the advancement of my spiritual journey.
This crystal metaphysical blog and information is provided for educational and informational purposes only and does not constitute providing medical advice or professional services. Crystal Descriptions shown throughout Mystic Mermaid's website and social media pages and/or any linked materials should not be construed as health nor medical advice, nor is the information a substitute for professional expertise or treatment.
Trusted health information can be found through your local doctor or pharmacy and other reliable professional healthcare providers.